Monday, June 4, 2012

Farm Chicks 2012, Part One

I've been so looking forward to the Farm Chicks show this year! It truly is my favorite weekend of the year. I get the privilege of spending three glorious days with the most amazing women I am blessed to call friends.

I wanted to do something fun for them so I put together some little goodie bags that I'd found at Grandiflora , and stenciled the aprons on from the Farm Chicks Christmas book. Things for sustenance such as a water bottle, granola bars, gum, dental floss, hand sanitizer, Starbucks card, etc. It was really fun to find little treats to put in them and they were such sweet dears when they got them!

We had a lovely drive over, stopping along the way. We went to Country Village in Bothell and looked around a bit before having lunch. We also stopped in Cashmere at a great antique mall where we all got some fun goodies!

I forgot to take my camera on the first day of the show, but did take lots of pictures the second day...I'll post those later!

Sticking to tradition though, we all had to display our finds of the day, give it a theme and give a little talk about our purchases and which was our favorite!

Terry is so good about getting only what she needs, and every single thing she bought was for someone else! She is the most giving person I know!!! She bought the Pyrex bowls for some  sets she's been collecting to give to all of her nieces, someday, bought us all coffee at Starbucks, and gave us some cute needle cards so we can keep up with our stitchin'!!



Lynda found some lovely treasures and has a lovely way with presentation! She is very delightful and descriptive of her wares and always ends with an opening for questions from the audience!! Her favorite find was the black pizza peal!! I loved the old oar and the cracker box she found! She also bought all of us the cute Farm Chicks mugs (Terry's holding one in the photo above).



Karen (Peppy Ally) is also very good at getting just what she needs and not going overboard. She had an industrial theme going on and had plans for each and every thing! Those four bins she is going to nail to an old barn board and plant with flowers...love that!!!

Karen supplied us with the vehicle and "goodies" for the drive. It's nice of her to provide such a big vehicle when she doesn't bring much home!!


Once again, I made the most purchases!!!! I think I have enough chalkboards now, but that "soup of the day" was so divine, I couldn't pass it up! I put the little one on the porch (thanks Lynda!) and will write a little diddy on it! I was specifically looking for a nightstand/dresser/table, but didn't really find anything. I also wanted an old wooden ice cream maker and found this aqua one in pristine condition. I don't think it had ever been used!

Some great joy came from finding the dough bowl/trough! I just love it! I want to fill it with spools and balls of twine and string and such. The things in the bottom left hand corner  numbered chair back covers which are already gracing my chairs!


We were done at the show pretty early, and after our display time and a little snack we went to a few quilt stores. We found a new one near our hotel called The Quilting Bee and was it ever cute! I love this quilt with the Sweetwater fabric...


and this one too, which is also made out of Sweetwater fabric. I really wanted the pattern for the second one, but they were out of the book.


After that we went to The Buggy Barn where I fell in love with this delightful quilt made from fabric by Cosmo Cricket. What's not to love about a churn dash pattern? and those colors????...love!!! The red slash will not be gracing my quilt, however. Does nothing for me!!!


That night we headed to Chaps for dinner. It is really eclectic and vintage and has great food!


Very cool decor! Loved these doors with the chalkboard inserts. Zoom in and read the recipe and cute quote!


Celeste is the owner and such a DEAR! She is so sweet and made us feel so welcome! She has the most amazing, cheerful employees!! It's always a joy to take a meal in this wonderful place!


A little more amazing decor!!!


We had an awesome first day at the Farm Chicks show!!! I'll post some pictures of the show later!

Already anticipating next years show!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh you found some great things! You all did!

    I really like your friend's rake!!

    You are so fortunate to be close enough to go to the show. It sounds like you all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw so many of your tins!!! Was thinking of every time I passed something that looked like something you'd have!!!

      Delete
  2. Those kind of weekends are the best! Nothing like some time with the BFF's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo jealous. This is the type of thing I love to do and quilt shops also! I would love to be able to wait in anticipation for that weekend every year. How wonderful for you. Everyone's finds are really fun. I like your chalk boards. I do not think you can have to many...Cannot wait to check out day 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soo much fun!!! Do you ever go to the Country Living Fair? Would like to do that someday, but it may be sensory overload!

      Delete
  4. What a buncha good stuff! And good times...

    Thanks for sharing everyone's finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!! Love the pics of what you each scored on!!! Glad you had an awesome weekend!! See you next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great you did take pictures! Love it! Sounds like it was tons of fun an I love all the great fund you all got. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to part 2. :)

    ReplyDelete